Thursday, February 26, 2009

#675 - AI S08 SF Week 2

ENGLISH

Okay, I just watched the second week of this season's American Idol's semifinal. Here is what I think: I think, my picks for the top twelve this week are: Adam Lambert (he sang The Rolling Stone's 'Satisfaction'), Allison Iraheta (she sang Heart's 'Alone'), and Kris Allen (he sang Michael Jackson's 'Man in the Mirror').Hopefully all of them get thru.

Megan Corkrey is also pretty good, but for me she wasn't in the top three. However, there's still a chance for her thru the Wildcard tho. Jasmine Murray was so disappointing. She is so promising and good actually (based on her Hollywood Week Round), but she didn't deliver this week, hmmm.... .

Anyhow, the most entertaining performance was definitely Nick Mithcell's (Norman Gentle) performance when he sang 'And I'm Telling You I'm not Going'. It was so entertaining (and different) that I couldn't help not to smile during his performance. The thing is that he can sing actually, not just another crazy-tuneless singer. However, I can see the judges' problem with him. He's a stage performer and not really a recording artist. He's good on stage, but on recording, I dun think he will do well. Hmmm... .

::: Nick "Norman Gentle" Mitchell's 'And I'm Telling You I'm not Going'

BAHASA INDONESIA

Ya, aku baru saha menonton minggu kedua dari semifinal American Idol musim ini. Ini pendapatku: Menurutku neh, pilihanku untuk tiga peserta yang lolos ke 12 besar adalah: Adam Lambert (dia nyanyi 'Satisfaction'-nya The Rollingstones), Allison Iraheta (dia nyanyi 'Alone'-nya Heart), dan Kris Allen (dia nyanyi 'Man in the Mirror'-nya Michael Jackson). Mudah2an mereka semua lolos.

Megan Corkrey juga lumayan seh sebenernya, tapi dia gak di tiga besarku. Namun, masih ada kesempatan sih untuk dia di wildcard. Jasmine Murray mengecewakan banget minggu ini. Dia kan sebenernya bagus tuh (berdasarkan Babak Minggu Hollywood), tapi dia nggak bagus dah minggu ini, hmmm.... .

Bagaimanapun juga, penampilan paling menghibur adalah penampilannya Nick Mithcell (Norman Gentle) tuh ketika dia nyanyi 'And I'm Telling You I'm not Going'. Benar2 menghibur (dan berbeda) sampe aku gak bisa gak tersenyum sepanjang penampilannya. Poinnya adalah dia tuh bisa nyanyi loh, gak sekedar peserta gila-tapi-gak-bisa-nyanyi. Namun, aku ngerti sih masalah yang dilihat jurinya akan dia. Dia itu stage performer dan bukan artis rekaman. Dia bagus di panggung, tapi kalau di bidang rekaman, rasanya sih kurang pas. Hmmm... .

No comments:

Post a Comment