Wednesday, July 01, 2009

#740 - Trip Back to Jogja

ENGLISH

Today I went back to Yogyakarta catching Argo Wilis which departed at 7 AM from Bandung Railway Station.

This morning I almost forgot something important: turning off my TV-self-timer!! I had already been halfway to the station when I remembered that so I asked my taxi driver to go back to my boarding house to turn it off. Well, since I will be away for more than a month this time, letting the TV-self-timer on is kinda a 'nightmare'. It would be on tomorrow morning and stay that way for a month (tho it is equipped with "automated turn off" feature, it would have been no different since every time it reaches the set up time, it will turn itself on)! What a waste of energy and my TV's life expectacy, LOL. I turned on the self-timer in the first place because I was afraid I didn't get up early today and missed the train. It's the last thing I want.

Anyway, today, Argo Wilis' trip was a bit longer than usual. I guess there was a problem with the locomotive. We stopped a bit "too long" (for Argo Wilis) at Banjar Railway Station. At that time I didn't know what was going on, but I knew something was wrong. When I arrived at Yogyakarta, I noticed the locomotive had been changed, hmmm. That might explain why the trip took a bit longer. It arrived at about 2.35 PM at Yogyakarta.

Some illegal passengers were also seen during the trip. At first they stayed at the Restoration Couch. When some other (legal) passengers got off, they took the seats, hmmm. I guess it's hard to fight and erase this kind of practice, eh? It was Argo Wilis, the supposedly to be one of the highest class trains in Indonesia, yet that practice still happens on board, hmm.

These are some footages I took during the trip:

::: Hokben as my breakfast this morning.

::: Passing Manonjaya Bridge.

::: Scenery Not Long After Banjar Station.

::: Rice Field and High-Voltage Electricity Line.

::: Complimentary Lunch.

::: Rails toward Cilacap.

::: Passing Serayu River.

::: Sikampuh

::: A Windmill and Rice Field.

::: Crosssing Progo River.

::: Inside Argo Wilis Couch Executive 3.

::: Argo Wilis Entering Yogyakarta Railway Station Platform 3.

BAHASA INDONESIA

Hari ini aku balik ke Yogyakarta naik Argo Wilis yang berangkat jam 7 pagi dari Stasiun Kereta Api Bandung.

Pagi tadi aku nyaris melupakan suatu hal yang penting loh: mematikan self-timer TV-ku!! Aku sudah setengah jalan menuju stasiun ketika mengingatnya makanya aku meminta sopir taksi untuk balik ke kos untuk mematikannya. Yah, karena aku akan pulang setidaknya sebulan lebih kali ini, meninggalkan self-timer TV-ku menyala adalah 'mimpi buruk'. Kalo nggak besok pagi akan menyala tuh dan terus begitu selama sebulan (walau TV-ku dilengkapi dengan fitur "otomatis mati", tetap aja kan akan selalu menyala ketika mencapai waktu yang ditentukan)! Bener2 pemborosan energi dan masa hidup TV-ku, LOL. Aku menyalakan self-timer sih karena aku takut kaga bangun pagi ini dan ketinggalan kereta. Kan males banget tuh kalo ketinggalan kereta.

Ngomong2, hari ini perjalanan Argo Wilis agak lebih lama dari biasanya. Aku rasa ada masalah dengan lokomotifnya. Kami berhenti agak "terlalu lama" (untuk ukuran kereta sekelas Argo Wilis) di Stasiun Kereta Api Banjar. Waktu itu aku nggak tahu masalahnya apa tapi aku jelas tahu ada suatu masalah, hmmm. Ini mungkin menjelaskan kenapa perjalanannya jadi lama. Kami tiba di Yogyakarta jam 2.35 sore.

Beberapa penumpang gelap juga terlihat sepanjang perjalanan. Mereka pertamanya naik di Gerbong Restorasi. Ketika beberapa penumpang (legal) lainnya turun, mereka kemudian menduduki kursinya, hmmm. Kayanya susah ya melawan dan menghapus praktek kaya gini? Keretaku adalah Argo Wilis, yang seharusnya termasuk dalam satu dari kereta dengan kelas tertinggi di Indonesia, tetapi praktek kaya gitu masih aja ada, hmm.

Di atas ada beberapa foto yang iseng aku ambil selama perjalanan.

No comments:

Post a Comment