Thursday, April 09, 2009

#697 - Jogja, 9th April

ENGLISH

Finally last night I went back to Yogyakarta catching Turangga Express. Well, by the time I bought the ticket, I already picked a date when the couches they used on Turangga would be the new ones, haha.

Anyway, before going to the railway station, there was an incident which could potentially lead to disaster. Well, I had already booked a taxi since yesterday afternoon to go to the railway station. However, at 5.30 PM, fifteen minutes before the time, they called me that no taxi was available! Damnit! I didn't really panic tho, something I really proud of, haha, and I called some other taxi providers, and the answers were all the same, no taxi was available for the next one hour. I then called my friend to drive me to the station but it was too late, they had already gone, hmm. In the middle of that, suddenly one taxi was available!! Thanks God!! hahaha... . Thanks God I already set 40 minutes, so just in case something happened (like what happened yesterday), I had 40 minutes to fix it.

So, at 7 PM Turangga Express departed from Bandung Railway Station and arrived at Yogyakarta Tugu Railway Station at 3.25 AM, some 23 minutes behind schedule.

Anyway, today, 9th April, is the day for the national legislative election day. I, of course, for the first time in my life, used my right to vote, haha. In some ways, it was really exciting because it was my first time voting in my whole life. Thinking about it, in other ways, I shouldn't be since it's kinda confusing about the people we should vote for. There are just so many partys and people to pick, haha... . Anyway, so after voting, my family and I had brunch at a Warung Sate Kambing whose sates are soo tasty, hehe.

Anyway, watching the top 8 week of American Idol, I think Kris Allen performed his weakest performance. It's interesting to see Simon Cowell gave Adam Lambert a standing ovation. Yea, I agree it was a great performance, but NOT THAT GREAT for a standing ovation from Simon. He had never done that before (on all seasons of American Idol) while there were some performances which were better than Adam's this week.. Anyway, my top three were: 1. Adam Lambert; 2. Allison Iraheta; 3. Matt Giraud. My bottom three were: 6. Kris Allen; 7. Anoop Desai; 8. Scott MacIntyre. The real bottom three:
6. Lil Rounds
7. Anoop Desai
8. Scott MacIntyre (voted off)
Yeah, it was a good pick. Scott MacIntyre is not that great ;)

::: inside Turangga New Image's couch (Executive 3)

::: complimentary dinner, fried rice with no taste

::: "mie rebus" I bought on rail

::: the papers for voting

::: the TPS (Tempat Pemungutan Suara / Voting Place)

::: my inked finger, a sign that I used my voting right, haha

::: top 7

BAHASA INDONESIA

Akhirnya semalam aku balik ke Yogyakarta neh naik Turangga. Hmm, sewaktu beli tiketnya, aku sudah memilih tanggal dimana Turangga akan memakai gerbong yang baru, haha.

Ngomong2, sebelum ke stasiun kemarin, ada kejadian yang nyaris berpotensi mengarah pada bencana. Hmm, aku kan sudah memesan taksi dari siangnya tuh untuk pergi ke stasiun. Ternyata, jam 5.30 nya, lima belas menit sebelum jamnya, mereka bilang kalo nggak ada taksi yang tersedia! Sialan! Aku nggak terlalu panik sih, satu hal yang aku banggakan, haha, dan aku telpon beberapa taksi lain. Namun, jawabannya sama semua, tidak ada taksi kosong selama sejam ke depan. Aku trus telepon temenku untuk nganterin ke stasiun tapi uda telat, uda pada cabut semua. Nah, di tengah kondisi itu, tiba2 ada taksi tersedia!! Terima Kasih Tuhan!! hahaha... . Terima Kasih Tuhan juga aku sudah menyediakan 40 menit tuh, jadi kalau ada apa-apa (misalnya kaya yang terjadi kemarin ini), aku memiliki waktu 40 menit untuk memperbaikinya.

Nah, trus jam 7 malam Turangga berangkat dari Stasiun Bandung dan tiba di Stasiun Tugu Yogyakarta jam 3.25 subuh, telat sekitar 23 menit dari jadwal.

Ngomong2, hari ini, 9 APril, adalah hari Pemilihan Umum Legislatif neh. Aku, tentu saja, untuk pertama kalinya loh, ikutan nyontreng untuk pertama kalinya seumur hidup. Memikirkannya, dari beberapa sisi, rasanya tuh excited aja gitu untuk menggunakan hak pilih pertama kali. Namun, kalau dipikir-pikir lagi, seharusnya sih tidak perlu se-excited itu kali yah, soalnya bingung juga mau memilih apa. Lha soalnya ada banyak sekali partai dan banyak pilihan orang untuk dipilih seh, haha... . Yah, pokoknya habis nyontreng tadi aku dan keluarga makan di Warung Sate Kambing yang uenak banget loh, hehe.

Melihat penampilan top 8 dari American Idol, aku rasa Kris Allen menampilkan penampilan terburuknya. Menarik juga melihat Simon Cowell memberikan standing ovation kepada Adam Lambert. Yup, aku setuju penampilannya memang bagus, tetapi TIDAK SEBAGUS ITU untuk mendapat sebuah standing ovation dari Simon. Dia belum pernah melakukannya sebelumnya (di semua seasons American Idol), dan ada beberapa penampilan lain yang lebih bagus daripada penampilan Adam minggu ini. Ngomong2, tiga teratasku adalah: 1. Adam Lambert; 2. Allison Iraheta; 3. Matt Giraud. Tiga terbawahku adalah: 6. Kris Allen; 7. Anoop Desai; 8. Scott MacIntyre. Tiga terbawah yang beneran:
6. Lil Rounds
7. Anoop Desai
8. Scott MacIntyre (tersisih)
Yeah, pilihan yang bagus neh. Scott MacIntyre memang tidak sebagus itu koq ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment